resurrecting a clone - looking for some dimensions and advice

Name brand Bridgeport has 8-32 threads in the end of the clutch rod. If you have been coming across standard not metric threads I would try it. Where was it built? Oops, I see the threads have been standard. I missed that.

Last edited:
Tried the 8-32 thread and it spun in fine (after running the 8-32 die over the screw to correct it)

I now have the three positions of the clutch - each seperated by approx 3/16" (5mm) - and yes I had to slightly rotate the fine feed hub to get it to "click" into the extremes of travel

Thanks all for the help so far

Des

Name brand Bridgeport has 8-32 threads in the end of the clutch rod. If you have been coming across standard not metric threads I would try it. Where was it built? Oops, I see the threads have been standard. I missed that.

Des, Here are the dimensions you are asking for.

Rim Dia = 5.865
Wheel Offset = .900
Hub Depth = 1.125
Pin length = .205
Hub Dia = 1.240

Button Dia = .435 - .485 at knurl
Button length = 1.000
Screw depth = .250
Screw thead = #8-32
Range of measurement distance = .350

And here are some pictures for you. As you can see the knocb is 3 pieces. Hope this helps.

Feed Knob 1.JPG Feed Knob 2.JPG Feed Knob 3.JPG Feed Knob 4.JPG

THANKS Randy!!!!!!!!!

I'll get those bits built before asking anymore questions (gives me time for the rebuild book to arrive in Oz)

Thanks again,
Des

We're here for ya Des. Just let us know what else you need. Oh, and you realize that we will want to see your accomplishments?

Trust me when I say there WILL be pictures, drawings, etc
Thanks again,
Des

We're here for ya Des. Just let us know what else you need. Oh, and you realize that we will want to see your accomplishments?

First bits built (no pictures yet - need to fix the download cable first)

Built the finefeed clutch knob from brass (using a 8-32 SHCS for the centre and fixing)
then built 4 inserts for the 3/8-16 knobs I have to take them to 1/4-20 - and fitted those.

Hopefully today (after making a dent in my tree stump digging work) I can start the finefeed handle

Pictures are being taken, and will be sent.

Des

Trust me when I say there WILL be pictures, drawings, etc
Thanks again,
Des

Wow!! That is going to be a really big project, but if you can get it working again you will have a very nice milling machine.

Back