Reproduction Miller 250DX Tig Welder Pulser and Sequencer Boards.

Contract_Pilot

Active User
Registered
Since I own a Miller 250DX and After seeing the sticker shock of factory miller boards. I decided to make some Reproduction Pulser and Sequencer Boards. I Did not think it would take off like it did.

First One Was For the More Modern Slant Face Units I went thru a Few Revisions fine Tuning it.
Blog Post. https://www.stevenrhine.com/?p=131392

Since I had a lot of request for the Older 250DX where the boards were obsolete and no longer made the Second Was For The Older Flat Face 250DX Units The Electrical side was the same but Pots Were Different Spacing. I was about ready to go and buy an entire older 250dx welder to be able to get reliable measurements but I stumbled across a 20 year old New old stock face plate and with the 3d printing I was able to test fit and made it happen really quick.
Blog Post: https://www.stevenrhine.com/?p=133176
Old-Miller-250DX-Front-Plate-For-Pulse-Sequencer-Measurments.jpg
Replacement-For-Miller-190734-190738-250DX-Pulse-Sequencer-Boards-3D-Print-Prusa-768x432.jpg

Old-Miller-250DX-Front-Plate-For-Pulse-and-Sequencer-3d-print-Prusa-Test-Fit-768x432.jpg

Hand Assembled In Vancouver WA. Photo Before they are run thru the Ultrasonic Cleaner.

Miller-250DX-Pulser-and-Sequencer-Boards-Assembly-Started-Small.jpg

Last edited:
That's pretty awesome! Enjoyed your blog post, and marked your blog for some future reading. (I think you're a little hard on Segger - I 'get' where they're coming from, and they've been great in terms of liberal software licensing.)

GsT

The board I had to buy was a 1200.00 repair job.

That's pretty awesome! Enjoyed your blog post, and marked your blog for some future reading. (I think you're a little hard on Segger - I 'get' where they're coming from, and they've been great in terms of liberal software licensing.)

GsT
I am trying to get my hands on an x-ray machine so more fun things to come. As Right to Repair keeps passing state by state it will be like vehicle emission mfg's will just comply with the most strict rules. Oregon just passed they copied California's SB244 then extended items non cell phone items to 2015 and blocks future parts pairing.

Yes it was a main board. Would my machine accept your pulser, or would it have had to have it to start with for plug ins?

Aukai, Yes, your machine would accept the the pulser and sequencer 300548 and 300547 boards and install is simple.

Here is a Video.

Nice work! You are doing a service for people with older machines, and that is very worthwile.

I had a problem with my Miller Syncrowave 180 HD (early model) which lost the HF for starting. I traced it down to the C3 capacitor, and discovered that (this was mid-2020) they were out of production and the only one I could find new was almost 20 years old. Not only old, but very expensive. I got the specs off the old one, and found a new "doorknob" version for cheap from China. After wiring it up and testing, the welder works great! I built a housing for the new capacitor and mounted it using the old leads and mounting screw.

Perhaps this would be something you'd like to add to your product line? PM me if interested. I'd be glad to help keep these fine old machines in service by sharing my experience with this.

Back