Rebuilding Kohler 241S Carb

alot of the walbro carbs were used on statinary engines , generetors pumps chippers but when they needed to have a throttle up throttle down the used the other like for tillers riding mowers now they did this in the earlier yrs so this dont always hold true in each one:biggrin:mac
ebay item
:biggrin:

the other carb is made by carter, which the plant here in stlouis has been closed for 30yrs:biggrin:mac

irish

the Kohler carb is made by Carter?

what about the Nitro Methanol?

Have A Nice Day!

irish

the Kohler carb is made by Carter?

what about the Nitro Methanol?

Have A Nice Day!
if that is some really hot stuff it may eat your needle seats out, the carb itself can take it i'm sure but seats i dont know plus dont use a plastic float on rebuild, i rebuild these to stock and normal use:thinking:mac

irish

i looked at carb in daylight.

it's in real good shape.

the rust was from water collecting.

just tiny screw in shaft was causing 'rust stain'.

very little sideplay in throttle shaft.

Have A Nice Day!

irish

i looked at carb in daylight.

it's in real good shape.

the rust was from water collecting.

just tiny screw in shaft was causing 'rust stain'.

very little sideplay in throttle shaft.

Have A Nice Day!
should be ok then:biggrin:mac

mmm the electric goes out and you cant use your puter, you can have manual next to engine be kinda hard to have puter next to engine, and how many times have you wished you had a manual for something:thinking:mac

looking on the cam looks like you have a pressure relief spring you might try removing that and after you do make sure it doesnt hold anything on that could fall off and get in any moving parts:biggrin:mac

Back