RE: SBL Serial # Question

Old Boilermaker

Registered
Registered
Hello, not sure if this is the right place to ask this question or if I should be in another forum. I have not found them all yet. I am looking for some help identify my lathe.

I have a SBL, appears to be a 9" model based on my swing measurements. Today, I found the serial number, but when I try to look it up, it does not seem to match what I have seen in decoding serials numbers? Not sure if I am just misreading things or where I am going wrong.

Sorry, having a hard time moving my pics around.

Below is a picture of the lathe and serial number - 127200 JAN is what it looks to me like is stamped on the lathe, IMG_20240109_115114550.jpg
IMG_20240111_104638983.jpg

Hello, not sure if this is the right place to ask this question or if I should be in another forum. I have not found them all yet. I am looking for some help identify my lathe.

I have a SBL, appears to be a 9" model based on my swing measurements. Today, I found the serial number, but when I try to look it up, it does not seem to match what I have seen in decoding serials numbers? Not sure if I am just misreading things or where I am going wrong.

Sorry, having a hard time moving my pics around.

Below is a picture of the lathe and serial number - 127200 JAN is what it looks to me like is stamped on the lathe, View attachment 473941
View attachment 473940
Here site with sn and manuals.

Dave

JAN was an acceptance stamp for the War Department. It stands for Joint Army Navy.

That cover over the pulleys isn't stock.

Thanks for help! DUUUHH....The three letters were confusing the heck out me. I thought they were part of the serial number and identifiers.

that's a gigundo chuck for a 9. that looks like a 6.5 " maybe even an 8

SLK 001 said - "JAN was an acceptance stamp for the War Department. It stands for Joint Army Navy.
That cover over the pulleys isn't stock."

Well, I was expecting surprises. All good so far.

Thanks for the help.

Well, the chuck certainly is Heavy and large. I had it soaking Kroil for the last couple of days. It unscrewed with no issues today. Not sure what it was used for.

Back