Re-homing a train

Weldingrod1

Registered
Registered
Ok, so I've got a weird one... My father in law has TWO C. P. Huntington trains, a fleet of rolling stock, a couple of track inspection vehicles (self powered), miles of track, a round table, and a shop. This is a 60% scale train appropriate for an amusement park. It seats two abreast! He used to give rides to the public, but he's in a powered chair now and REALLY needs to downsize.

CP Huntington Train – CHANCE RIDES

So, I'm looking for a lead to a good home for them. Money would be nice, but "not scrap" is the biggest factor. It's in the USA.

Please keep this in mind, if you run across someone or a place where this could go!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Attachments

• IMAG0424.jpg
    IMAG0424.jpg
    1,003.9 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
also he is an admin on Chaski.org
you may want to register there. You'll find people who do this all over the world.
Also your dad may want to be on there to give him something to do with people who share his interest.

@Weldingrod1

I'm sorry to read of Glenn's health issue.
I have missed his project posts.
Please tell him he's missed.
Good luck with the trains.

Glenn does not have a health issue.
I think you confused Weldingrods father in law for Glenn. Glenn is doing well over on Chaski..

@Weldingrod1 did you contact Glenn from the info I sent you in a PM?

Yes! Thanks for connecting us! I got lots of information for Dave and his daughters!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

When I was young the Christmas tree farm we went to every year had a train very much like that. They would take a bunch of families out into their hundreds of acres (I was young so I don't really have a clue how big the property was) of Christmas trees to the fields that had the tree species they were interested in and the trees were of harvestable age. Once you walked around and picked out your tree you would tie an orange ribbon to it then walk back to the track and pull the signal lever. Someone would come out on a yard engine pick you up, cut the tree and put it on the stock car to go back to the main station with the family.

I have always wanted to own a Christmas tree farm! ;)

There is a Live steam engine group here in Houston that has a huge train layout in a local county park. https://www.hals.org/. They probably have the resources to relocate and utilize the train and rail.

Back