Rains it Pours - Lathe and Mill now

bloomingtonmike

Active User
Registered
OK. I had put out feelers for a mill a tools before the 618 this weekend. A member of my woodworking club contacted me Wednesday night and sold me a 1987 Menards Mill Drill (Rong Fu mill drill) and a 12" Atlas Craftsman on the commercial stand with the gear levers. CRAZY CRAZY amount of tooling, measuring and setup equipment, and vices too. He is changing his woodworking shop up and needed the metal tool space - basicly I got all his dads metal tool stuff. Here are few pictures. I pick up the lathe and mill tonight. Tooling is already home. $2500 cash was the deal. From no metal lathe top 2 in a week. Wish me luck moving the lathe and mill!

P5084273_zps8c26b11c.jpg

P5084274_zps8c0486c8.jpg

P5084281_zps4af7cfae.jpg

P5094297_zpsb3ca0da7.jpg

P5094298_zps729747f2.jpg

P5094299_zps62f9d082.jpg

Nice score!! An engine hoist should work for all your lifting needs on the 2 machines. Around here You can rent one, if you dont already have one.

Nice score!! An engine hoist should work for all your lifting needs on the 2 machines. Around here You can rent one, if you dont already have one.

There is a forktruck at the seller's neighbor's house we will use tonight. I have a 3320 deere utility tractor with a loader and pallet forks that I will use once I get it home. Distance is only 20 miles or so.

I picked up a pallet for the mill today before work. I will skin it with plywood and then take the mill off the stand and bolt and block it down to the pallet. Plan to lower teh head to a 6X6 to the table as well. That is my plan anyway. I am using a car hauler to move the stuff.

What a DEAL!! Looks like there is $2500.00 + in tooling plus the machines What a score! If you have extra, put it on the Donation Auction area and donate some $ to the forum. You got lucky last weekend! :man:

I am so jealous. I wish I could find something like that near where I live.

Back