R8 3/4 shell mill arbor

litewings

H-M Supporter - Silver Member
H-M Supporter - Silver Member
Looking for a good quality arbor for a Haas HS6NP 2-1/2" shell mill. An often mentioned Sowa isn't readily available in my searching. I have seen a Toolmex brand that at least specifies a TIR of .0004 where most bargain brands don't list TIR. Suncoast has the Toolmex listed at a reasonable cost but its on backorder. What other brands are there that are good quality for a reasonable price?

Shar's is listed as a TIR 0.0002". Sometimes the cost/shipping is less if purchased through eBay.

ETM (Iscar) are also very good.

Shar's is listed as a TIR 0.0002". Sometimes the cost/shipping is less if purchased through eBay.

ETM (Iscar) are also very good.
Thanks for the leads. Honestly didnt even look at Shars since I've had 50/50 luck with them in the past quality wise. But for the price, Ill give it a try for the claimed .0002 TIR, especially since its available.

Thanks for the recommendation. Actually was the item I was looking at but the backorder status made me look for something else. Backorders these days seem to be never-ending.
Check with these guys - TMX products have several stocking distributors:

and your original post

strike me as at odds with each other. In my experience, Shars TIR claims rarely reflect reality. Just my 2¢. :rolleyes:
Agree. That has been my experience too.

Check with these guys - TMX products have several stocking distributors:

I did see them. Was going to call, but the phone number doesn't have enough digits. Had a couple other strange things on the website that didn't seem safe and even it it was, they wouldn't be shipping for a number of 6-8 days at best, so I kept looking elsewhere.

SOWA #534156

Otherwise I recommend the ETM, I have that one in a 3/4", plus a few SOWA in different sizes. I am always wary of the price being too good to be true, and a lot of questionable sites that have not been around for awhile.

Back