Quill Feed Trip Levers

Well done! Kinda gives you a warm and fuzzy. Not to mention the pride.

Nice job on the part! I modeled my broken one, but took the easy route and bought a replacement.

Is there a typical reason why these break? The same part was broken on my Alliant knee mill. I replaced it, but have been tentative using the power quill feed because of not knowing why it would break.

I think two things can happen, hanging on the handle when it was against the stop or it coming out of adjustment and then it won't trip correctly further bending/breaking the levers or a combination of the two. In my case, the snap ring on the bottom of the threaded rod used for the micro stop adjust was off. This allowed that rod to push hard on that lever. Once the trip lever is bent or out of adjustment, the up feed trip (dog bone) lever will break immediately as it will over travel the first time you try to use it.

Long story short, you should not be shy about using it, just test to make sure it is in adjustment and trips with your hands or a small pry tool.

I would like to see your model, since mine was broken and had been for some time, trying to get an accurate measurement was the hardest part!

Back