Questions about Mach 3 and USB

Hi tom
I use the uc100 and the basic breakout board C13 from cnc4pc.com. the c13 is a direct pinout board no opto-couplers.
I have also use a powered usb hub so I don't have a low voltage problem View attachment 88691
I have never tried an ethernet board.
steve

Thanks Steve. I have a lot of questions but will reserve them as I move through, or attempt to move through, the electronics portion of my build.

Tom S

I think I'll stick with what I've got. It's easy for me to understand so I'll stand pat.

Word on the street seems to be the Ethernet Smoothstepper is a good choice.

USB version simulates 2 ports where as the Ethernet version simulates 3 ports, plus there is the packet recovery built into the TCP\IP stack.

Sometime in the future I'm looking to move to an Ethernet Smoothstepper, from the Parallel Port setup I'm using.

The original USB Smooth Stepper from Warp9 works, but is susceptible to noise on some machines. Mine hiccuped once a day.
The Ethernet Smooth Stepper replaces the USB version and is not susceptible to noise. Mine has had zero hiccups in the last ?? 6 months ?? That's why it was developed.

You CAN do threading on a lathe with Mach3 and a Smooth Stepper. You do need an Index pulse from the lathe spindle. I have done hundreds.

Cheers

Thank you, to everyone here, for their comments and replies, they were welcome. I have, however, purchased a Chinese four axis printer port board for small change, so for my part in this thread it is done. I do have other issues though, so on to those. Thanks again all.:thanks:

I have, however, purchased a Chinese four axis printer port board for small change, so for my part in this thread it is done. I do have other issues though, so on to those.
A very biased and cynical comment would be that you have only just started to have real issues. But I wish you well with the Chinese board. Maybe it will work.

Cheers
Roger

Hey all of you PM45 fellas, has anyone replaced their Jamen board? If so what with. I'm trying to connect a tool height plate and a touch probe and it would be great to have product support number to call. Thanks, Bill

Back