Question About This Lathe

Bed ways show wear. Better Mic them when you go back. Also look at leadscrew too. You will probably see wear near the headstock and little to none to the far right.

The ways were made at .375. Mic both sides of the ways down the bed. If more than .002-.003 then I would have the bed ground and would have to shim the gib plates also.

A bench top Atlas???????? 1500. ???? I would keep looking
There are better lathes around Ohio for that money.

Chiptosser,

You have to factor in what comes with it. On average, and in good condition, just about all of the significant accessories go for an average price of $150. This machine has four. Plus, although Bill didn't say what type of collets, it has a collet set, which I assume must include the closer and draw tube. If it is a complete set of 3AT by 64th's, which would be the most common found with an Atlas, that's an easy $200 to $300 depending upon how you acquire it. And QCGB's have been around $500 bought separately for several years.

That being said, if I were in the market for a QC54 and it were relatively nearby, I would offer the seller $1000 and go from there. :)

Back