Question About This Lathe

Bill Rosselot

Registered
Registered
This is an Atlas 10 with 4 jaw and 3 jaw chuck, hardinge collet set, milling adapter, steady rest, faceplate, QC gearbox. It looks like it is in good shape I will probably never or at least until my skill level gets better turn anything real big or very complicated. What do you guys think. The guy want 1500 for it. I may go an look at it next week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Make sure the leadscrew is not badly worn and the power crossfeed works and traverse gear case is good. looks like a good one.

Looks good and with all the extras well worth the price. If you wait till next week you may miss out.

Looks good and with all the extras well worth the price. If you wait till next week you may miss out.
I know I have contacted the guy that owns it and he is still on vacation and will be back next Friday so I my have a chance. I have to drive about 9 hours to go look at it.

So this have power feed in both directions? Does it use the half nut for power feed of the apron?

Yes the saddle feeds from the half nuts and lead screw. As for power cross feed it is hard to tell for shore from the picture but it probably does.

It uses the half nuts for longitudinal movement and drives off the key of the leadscrew with a separate mechanism to power the crossfeed.

It is a QC54 Atlas lathe with Timken headstock bearings and has full power feed. It is a very desirable model.

Back