Quality Machine Tool Customer Service

Plas62

Active User
Registered
I just wanted to give a thumbs up to Matt and his team at QMT.

I went to use my PM932M this past Sunday and had just made my second cut on piece I was milling and I looked up and there was smoke coming out of the motor and it was very hot . I was seriously bummed out as I've had the machine for a little over a year and just use it for weekend hobby work.

:panic:

I called Matt, Monday on my lunch hour and described the problem and he told me that it happens occasionally. That out of a 1000 machines that they sell they may have 4 or 5 that have a motor failure and that my unit was still under the 3 year warranty and he would send a new motor out to me right away. When I got home Monday evening I had an email from QMT showing my replacement motor had shipped. I hope to have the new motor this week and be back up and running this weekend.

Though it sucked having my motor go out, I really appreciated the prompt and professional service I received from Matt and QMT. I know from past experience that sometimes he can be had to reach, but it is nice to know that once you do get a hold of him that the problem will be taken care of without a bunch of BS.

:thumbzup3:

Yup, Matt & co have always taken care of me & times where I was completely shocked what I was offered, I'm forever grateful. I had a similar issue, last year or so my PM45 would no longer start up, no smoke but got extremely hot. Matt was very helpful & wasn't hesitant to send me a replacement motor if I thought I needed one. I decided to check the caps & sure enough the start cap blew so I never requested the replacement motor or even replacment caps. I decided to just buy me some new caps locally & was up & running the next day.

On mine the start cap was China & the run cap was Germany. Only the start cap blew but I decided to replace both anyway. Makes sense cause the start cap blew when I was making a run of parts that required frequent starting & stopping of the spindle for one of the ops. The China start cap couldn't handle the rapid on/off cycle. Haven't had a problem since & made many more runs of those parts since then.

On mine it wasn't the cap's. When I pulled the cover the smoke was coming out of the holes for the wires going to the motor winding. I hope to have my new motor by the end of the week.

Got my motor Thursday and had a chance to install it Saturday. Did some milling today and it worked fine.

Thanks to Matt and his crew for the quick service.

Jim

Back