QCTP

mabmach

Registered
Registered
Have found 2 AXA QCTP on E-bay one from Discount Machine SHARS #111 $139 the other from All Industrial Tool Supply 100 Series made in China $122.95 for the set. Wondering if anyone has purchased from these suppliers if so would they recommend one of these.

Same here too. Both have been great to me & ship fast. Only thing with Shars is that I always get quicker service & cheaper shipping purchasing through ebay under discount machine than if I were to order directly from their website.

Same here too. Both have been great to me & ship fast. Only thing with Shars is that I always get quicker service & cheaper shipping purchasing through ebay under discount machine than if I were to order directly from their website.

I second this. I always buy from them on E-bay if they have what I am looking for. Faster shipping, cheaper shipping, and the price is less sometimes.

I too have bought several things from both and all ways have good luck with them. When I bought my drill chuck arbors from discount machine they had sent me a 2 inch boring head with it by mistake, when I notified them of this they said just keep it, "You've been a good and Honest customer". So I wouldn't hesitate on either one of them, but Discount machine will be 3 or 4 days quicker to your door, depending on where you live.

Aaron

I use the AXA size, too, and over the years I've bought more than 50 holders - mostly cheap Chinese. They have worked as well for me as the genuine Aloris ones with one provision:

I replace all the set screws - the ones that come with the Chinese holders are especially nasty. . .

I too have bought quite a few Chinese tool holders and have found that the ones I got from CDCO were a little better quality than the rest. Most all of the Chinese tool holders will work fine in the home shop environment.

I too have bought quite a few Chinese tool holders and have found that the ones I got from CDCO were a little better quality than the rest. Most all of the Chinese tool holders will work fine in the home shop environment.

Not me, although I have a Dorian tool post I use China TP holders. I've bought from various places & the 4 that I got from CDCO were the worst. The fit was sloppy, screws sucked, & the adjusters were all threaded crooked so fine adjusting was a pain. Maybe it was just the batch that I got but I'll never order from them again anyway, not while that Frank dude is running it.

I used to buy my holders from WT Tool, same as Shars but without the Shars branding on them. Then they started buying them from Shars so I stopped buying from them. Like Frank I replace the screws on them before using them with flat point set screws from Mcmaster. Never had an issue with any of the ones I've got.

I recommend Tools4cheap.com.
I buy from Shars and the other guys, but tools4cheap.com is my #1 goto site for tooling. Nice guy, good prices. Check the closeouts too.

Back