QCTP holds cutters too high

10 years later... no, 1/2" tool holders in 0XA holders still seem to be too tall for 7x mini-lathes. Sending them back for 3/8
Did you remove the spacer block that was under the 4-way tool post? 1:2” blank in an 0XA 250-000:

IMG_5735_Radiant_Photo.jpeg
Just makes it on center, and would be below once ground.

That said, you’ll have more flexibility with 3/8” insert tool holders And 3/8” or 5/16” HSS bits: the rigidity (or lack there of) of a 7x Mini-Lathe negates any advantage of a 1/2” tool holder.

Yes, I did, the bolt wasn't long enough to mount the tool post to the slide otherwise. I just did what others have done and said hey they hold 1/2" bars, why not get 1/2" bars? Same price. Never occurred to me it might not fit.

Yes, I did, the bolt wasn't long enough to mount the tool post to the slide otherwise. I just did what others have done and said hey they hold 1/2" bars, why not get 1/2" bars? Same price. Never occurred to me it might not fit.
IIRC my 0XA QCTP came with a new mounting bolt, which I eventually milled flats on so I wouldn’t need to use double nuts when I wanted to remove it.

Back