Qctp For The Pm1022v Lathe

FWIW, on his website, a QCTP is shown as an option unique to the PM 1022 and Pm 1030:

Optional Wedge Type Quick Change Tool Post Set with
Mounting Kit specific for this machine (No machining
required to mount) $169.99

A really poor pic I admit but for my cell the best I can do right now. A cheap pic of my newly arrived 1030v w QCTP. I believe it is an AXA (I'm a complete noobie to machining and haven't even gotten my machine out of the crate yet). But yes the 1030v can use a QCTP as mine has one even though I have not had a chance to set it up yet.

I will admit the 1030 is a fair bit bigger than what I pictured in my mind. I though something slightly larger that a harbor freight mini... which this definitely is not. The crate is around 5 ft long and this machine squeezes into it fairly tightly. Not to mention at a weight of 435 pounds it is not something you pick up and toss over your shoulder to haul around.

Personal opinion I think this is a really nice sized machine for a home hobbyist. It isn't 3000 pounds so you don't need heavy equipment to install it and it has the size to turn fair sized stuff. But I can't comment just yet on its power or performance only it's size and the extras you can get with it.

I can probably add a few more pics later if you wish, but won't have my baby up and running for a few weeks due to my regular job and family taking up some of my time.

20151026_181142.jpg

I purchase a AXA for my grizzly 10x22 and found that 3/8" tooling worked great but I had to remove .060" from the base in order to use 1/2" bits.
Since than I replaced both compounds with a proper size solid block to eliminate compound flexing when parting or making heavy cuts. Bob

Back