QCTP for Busy Bee CX706

Thanks for the comments and suggestions.
The distance from the centre line to the compound is 1.040" and the distance from the centre line to the cross-slide is 2.978".
I think an AXA would work with 3/8" tooling and under but not sure about 1/2", that's why I was asking if anyone has installed an AXA QCTP to a CX706.
If your distance from spindle axis to top of compound is 1.040", any of the AXA type QCTP will work on your lathe with 1/2" tooling..

Thanks RJ, that makes ordering the AXA less stressful, they are not cheap.

I kind of thought that the .6 might be for a 1/8" tool.

Gerry

Be advised that I measured my two Shars 250-101-XL tool holders and the height of the tool floor was .410" and .414". This is greater than the advertised height of .313" (15/16"-5/8").

Well, I guess that's probably par for the course when you buy Chinese tools. I can't afford the high dollar made in America/Europe stuff so if it wasn't for the Chinese stuff, I'd have to find another hobby.

Thanks for info RJ

Well, I guess that's probably par for the course when you buy Chinese tools. I can't afford the high dollar made in America/Europe stuff so if it wasn't for the Chinese stuff, I'd have to find another hobby.

Thanks for info RJ
I expect it was more an error in the drawing. AXA type 1 tool holders have a fairly standardized height to the top of the tool of 15/16". The Aloris oversized holder has advertised height of 1" which would put the height of the tool floor at 3/8". Also, all the advertised dimensions are in 1/16" increments which would imply +/- 1/32" tolerance.

As with you, I can't justify putting a $1,000+ of tooling on a lathe which cost me $1,500 so I go with the Chinese tooling. So far, I haven't had any complaints, aside from the above error.

Thanks RJ, that's good to know.

Same here, on the whole I've found the Chinese stuff good enough, at least for home use.

Gerry

Back