Punch press

snoopdog

H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
H-M Platinum Supporter
So, I finally got my little auction press gone through, and reassembled. Nothing major, some greaseworm wear on the sliding part that holds the upper die( not sure of terminology), and of course the motor was toast. Borrowed a motor, (underpowered) to check everything, and all is good I think. I took a video, my email won't let me upload it, and as I remember from my days running one, the clackety clack of the rotation against the engagement cogs was normal. But I showed the video to a friend and he seems to think it should be quiet. What say you? It's been awhile since I ran one. Heres' a couple of pics before, I really need to get better at documenting during, but I get engrossed and don't think about it.20231118_142127.jpg

Attachments

• 20231118_150521.jpg
    20231118_150521.jpg
    379.6 KB · Views: 16
The kick press at work is quiet, unless the dog is disengaged without the motor running, after 1 cycle, it is quiet again.

Video would help with diagnosis, but we had a 5-1/2 at work that was lousy loud unless it was in the stroke.

Right next to the time clock where everyone lined up....Clong clong clongety clong......

Back