Protecting vertical mounted DRO scale

Ropata

Registered
Registered
Hi Guy's

I have a few ideas of how to do this but I'm not too happy about them. Has anyone got a good idea or have done something successful to stop chips getting in a vertically mounted scale?
20170921_191424.jpg

I mounted my Z-axis scale on the side of the base and put the read head on the back side which I figured was the best location for no chips. Mine also came with a sheet metal guard to protect the scale. Looks like you have a bit of a real estate issue on your mill to do the same unless it can move to the other side of the knee.

I don't see a really good way to guard yours in the current position.

Bruce

20170922_190905.jpg 20170922_190920.jpg 20170922_190948.jpg

I mounted my Z-axis scale on the side of the base and put the read head on the back side which I figured was the best location for no chips. Mine also came with a sheet metal guard to protect the scale. Looks like you have a bit of a real estate issue on your mill to do the same unless it can move to the other side of the knee.

I don't see a really good way to guard yours in the current position.

Bruce

View attachment 242341 View attachment 242342 View attachment 242343
Yes, yours seems to have a lot of flat clear space. The other side on mine has all the plumbing for coolant. I guess I'll make a fixed guard that will just have to be bulky.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Back