Progress At Last!!!

Crow Horse

Registered
Registered
Firstly, thank you to everyone who has assisted me or offered their expertise in guiding me through this maze. Today I received some items that I had been waiting for and the fun began.

I successfully ground a graver AND used it to turn a radius. It was a lot of fun but not having a collet made the experience quite interesting. I didn't want my knuckles (or anything else for that matter) to meet the spinning jaws by accident. I have a lot to learn about gravers but having some positive results was very rewarding.

I also refined my parting setup to cut some grooves. It went very well (cutting multiple grooves) on my practice piece until it dug in and jammed up the work piece. I think I was running it too slow and feeding too fast. Regardless, I learned a great deal and feel pretty good about my progress at this point.

I can't overstate this enough. I've taken my first real step forward with positive results. The journey will be long but that's what makes it fun. Lots to learn and many skills to hone.

Attachments

• IMG_4472.JPG
    IMG_4472.JPG
    342.5 KB · Views: 15
Sounds great! Machining can be a lot of fun when the pieces you are making actually look like what you had in mind :)
-Mark

Back