Precision Matthews PM-935TV Is Ordered

I had a 935TS that I put a VFD on. Loved that little mill. I did mostly gunsmithing and misc projects on it so I never pushed it very hard. Mine was on a wheeled stand that a friend built for me (I'm 6'2") that put the mill at a good height.

Enjoy that mill. It's a great machine.

David's work is always top-notch. I chose not to do the feet on my 949TV because I'm only 5'7". I don't need it ANY taller than it is. I also got VERY lucky - where I placed mine is flat (no rocking) and level (go figure). There are a lot of threads here for bases / feet for the 935/949 mills.
Thanks for dropping in and being a part of the conversation. I've spent a fair amount of time looking at Dave's work and can concur that it is top-notch. I can also tell you that I like his work so much that am going with his leveling feet design. Because the casting of the base is different, I modified the hole layouts and I am using 4” x 6" angle for the base supports because I have it on hand, but other than that I'm going with the design as is. It is simple but will be very effective.

I received my mill yesterday and like a kid during Christmas morning, I could not wait to rip open the package. I was pleased to find out that everything arrived undamaged and intact. I took a few pics that I will share below. My issue is, and I can’t do anything about it, it will have to sit in its temporary home for a few weeks before I can start the process of putting it together and putting it in place.

Attachments

• PM-935 Leveling System_2.pdf
    113.6 KB · Views: 41
  • Photo 1.jpg
    Photo 1.jpg
    483.3 KB · Views: 41
  • Photo 2.jpg
    Photo 2.jpg
    360.9 KB · Views: 48
  • Photo 3.jpg
    Photo 3.jpg
    420.1 KB · Views: 62
  • Photo 4.jpg
    Photo 4.jpg
    305.9 KB · Views: 49
Woot! She's a beaut! I think mine sat & gathered dust for the .... 6 months or so it took me to build the VFD setup (VFD was easy - just order it - but all the wiring / etc. around a full-time job.....). Glad it all arrived healthy & happy. That was anxiety #1.... The next was when I finally wired it all up & fired the motor for the first time. That all worked out fine too - yours will too! Congrats!!!!!

HI, don't meant high jack your thread or clutter it up with my ramblings. But my 935tv will be here 8/23 or 25. I paid for the lift gate. So hopefully it get drop on my shop concrete drive for easy move inside. I meant to order a 835 but added the wrong one to my cart.
I hope, I don't regret that mistake. I will be watching this thread closely. Big move up to a full knee mill from a 932m bench top. Will be looking at David's 935 content. LOL, it sucks getting old, can't even get an order right.
CH

Back