Power Feed Motor?

epanzella

Active User
Registered
I inherited a Bridgeport brand power feed along with a bunch of other stuff. The switches and whatnot were really beat up and the unit didn't work at all. I don't know if the motor is any good but I pulled it out before junking the rest of it. The motor has no markings at all. The pigtail has 4 wires; red, black, white, and green. I assume it's a 220V motor from the pigtail but I'm not sure. Anyone have clue as to voltage/rpm/power of this motor?

Probably a dc shunt wound motor, not a permanent magnet type- most likely 110 volts also
It needs both armature and field power supplies to run it (like from the controller you tossed)

Last edited:
Probably a dc shunt wound motor, not a permanent magnet type- most likely 110 volts also
It needs both armature and field power supplies to run it (like from the controller you tossed)
The circuit board (the controller I presume) in the unit was toast. It was so black I didn't even try to trouble shoot it. I guess the motor will be reunited with the rest of the unit at the dump.

I think you could use a KB controller with it- I believe they can run shunt wound motors like those
KBIC-125 series is the one I'm thinking of
I see them on Ebay often for around 50$ or so

Reasonable units, about $125, are available from Vevor...I have two that I added to my Rockwell EFI drill press to move the table and the head unit. They look and act just like the "name brand" units I have for X and Z on the mill.

Back