POTD- PROJECT OF THE DAY: What Did You Make In Your Shop Today?

I decided to make a Camjack knurling tool. The process taught me a lot, and of course, it did not come out as nice as I wanted it to. I started into the "My goodness, how much time should I spend on this?" mode.
There is obviously one glaring mistake I made: the axle shafts for the wheels are threaded opposite from one another. Ughhhh. This was my firstView attachment 483176View attachment 483177 internal threading, and it turned out ok. More learning acquired.
Thanks for sharing Neil, It looks good, even with the axle shafts are going opposite directions and plenty robust.

I made a camjack knurler from the original poster and found it to be excellent.
I do a heap of stainless knurling which needs a lot of pressure.
The only problem I have found is the axle shafts wear very quickly so need a really hardenable steel.
I just replace as necessary

The only problem I have found is the axle shafts wear very quickly so need a really hardenable steel.
I made a knurler using the plans from Mikey (RIP). Was my first project making something. Used M42 HSS for the axle shafts. The M42 had to be cut using an abrasive wheel, but there's not a lot of wear on the shafts. Might be worth a try. Some professional knurlers use carbide shafts, if I recall correctly.

Do you think something like a drill bit shank could work for an axle shaft?

Back