Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pjf134

Active User
Registered
This is a poll for the next Community Build Project. Please vote which build you would most likely want to make and join.

2 ton manual screw press
Pantograph
Power hacksaw
Manual stand alone shaper
Something else

ps:Other ideas welcome.

Paul

Here is the plans for the projects listed. The power hacksaw lists a 1725 RPM motor with large pulleys to bring the speed to 60 RPM, but we could use a treadmill motor with smaller pulleys or a low RPM motor instead. We could alter the drawings to make it easier to build or come up to today standards as these plans are very old.
Paul

Attachments

• power-hackSaw.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 31
  • Shaper.pdf
    533.9 KB · Views: 32
  • 2 ton screw press.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 32
  • TMSBR_pantograph_complete.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 46
I'm also open to other options but out of these I chose the pantograph.

-Ron

We can start another poll with other ideas and do more than one build at a time if need be. I was also thinking about a taper attachment, but would have to be made by people with the same type lathe for it to work out, but still can be done by only a few people if they want to go ahead with it. I was just thinking of a project that can be usefull in the shop that a few people can build and use. I posted 4 items and only one got picked so far, so comeon guys let us know what you would want to build and we can take another poll and see what happens. It does not have to be a tool it can be almost anything.
Paul

Oh, well if we are throwing out other ideas, how about a cut type knurler? It's on my list of stuff to make in the future. :biggrin:

I'm good with the pantograph though, also on my "list". Now that I think about, most things are on my list. :drool:

-Ron

I think a horizontal mill would be a good project for a Parallel Build. The difference is that each participant makes all of the parts for his own unit, rather than shipping heavy pieces around the world. Having a group working off the same plans would provide some interesting dynamics.

I think a horizontal mill would be a good project for a Parallel Build. The difference is that each participant makes all of the parts for his own unit, rather than shipping heavy pieces around the world. Having a group working off the same plans would provide some interesting dynamics.

I would go for a parallel project, since shipping parts across the Atlantic would make my participation in a community project rather expensive; a horizontal mill would be an interesting challenge.

José

Back