Pocket Ruler - what do you like?

I always kept a 2" Starrett in my front pants pocket . If anyone ever caught me playing " pocket pool " , I would tell them I'm just getting my scale out . ;)

My experience is that the right amount of measuring tools (or any tools) to have in a workshop is n+1 :grin:

That may also be correctly expressed as s-1, where s is the number of tools where your spouse will pack up the bags and leave you.

I addition to the hook ruler, I ended up buying a vintage folding ruler, a executive pocket pal. It should be easy to carry around during my day.

P. S. And the advertisement; automatic coal stokers, is a real "throw back" to yesteryear.

s-l1600.png

These are a little flimsy for my liking, but when you need both inch and metric graduations in a pocket caliper, they are affordable on the online auction sites. The "Executive" pocket caliper.

il_570xN.749238217_qzfr.jpg

My son is going to University in Berlin, Germany and has become the "machinist" for the University glider club. I was able to score a pair of metric Starrett 425's on the E site that made a great Christmas present.

I need a better pocket ruler. What should I be looking for? What's the best that people have found?
It depends on work I am doing .
From 6" caliper to 25 foot tape.

For machine work I like a 6" with 1/16" and 1/10". It works best for finding bar stock I need.

This calipers I like.
Starrett Clippers .jpg

Dave

Last edited:
Back