PM935 z-axis locks up when lowering

websocket

Registered
Registered
The knee on my mill is tightening up whenever I set the mircometer dial and then lower it. Raising it is no problem, but within 1/4 turn downwards it locks up tight. I can loosen the dial lock timble, although it can be quite tight, but then I can't use the dial to control the depth. PM suggested adding/removing shims but I saw no difference. Any ideas?

Just a guess, is the gib loose? had a similar situation with the x-axis on my PM727 that was user induced.

So, dial is locking it up? I can see where shims would/should help. I'll have to look at mine a little closure. But it seems like once you had the bearing retainer tight the elevating shaft shouldn't move much. Does the bearing flange tighten up on the bearing?

So, dial is locking it up? I can see where shims would/should help. I'll have to look at mine a little closure. But it seems like once you had the bearing retainer tight the elevating shaft shouldn't move much. Does the bearing flange tighten up on the bearing?
Shims or lack of there of was the issue. I had 2 but found something, a little large but it did confimed the issue, at my local mom and pop hardware store.

Back