Pm935 Lube Question

Smudgemo

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Hey you guys, my 935 has a zerk fitting on the head that reads, "GREASE." I finally bothered to pick up a grease gun and have a choice of using the provided Lubrimatic multi-purpose lithium grease or some Mobile SHC32 high temp synthetic left over from a bearing job I did on a small mill I once owned.

Anyone have an feeling on this? The manual doesn't really tell me anything.

Thanks,
Ryan

I don't think you will go wrong with either . Better to have lube then not.i like the synthetic lubes myself , never had a problem using them on anything I've owned.

Ryan,
I downloaded a copy of a Jet JTM-4VS manual when I first got my mill to use as a reference. Zmotorsport (Mike) and I both commented that the 935 manual was a bit light. I needed a
little more to work with since this was my first knee mill. The following is this mill's lubrication specification:

Jet Model JTM-4VS Lube Specification

Description Recommended Lubricant Action
Spindle bearing oil cup Mobil DTE Oil Light, or equivalent Service daily.
One-shot lube system Mobil Vactra Oil #2, or equivalent Check oil daily – add if required. Pull lube handle every hour during operations.
Knee leadscrew grease nipple Mobilith AW2, or equivalent Service once each week.
Back gear grease nipple Mobilith AW1, or equivalent Service weekly when operating in back gear mode.

There does not appear to be a knee nipple on the 935 so I apply the lube to the lead screw as was done in the factory.

-joe

Ryan thanks for bringing that question up as it was something I was curious about as well.

Joe, thank you for the information. I am going to track down the Jet manual as this is not only my first knee mill but my first mill and I can use all the help I can get! :)

Thanks. I'll probably fill it with the Mobile since the gun wasn't expensive and it's probably a better choice here. I haven't had use for a grease gun in years, so no sense in not using what might be considered better for the mill.

-Ryan

Back