Pm932m Way Covers

I replaced mine with. 1/8" buna rubber sheet from McMaster. I made it 18" wide and it is attached to the cross slide and the z. Much better than the factory bellows... In my build thread post #87 shows how I did the single sheet of rubber. I added an intermediate support to keep the sheet from bunching up behind the saddle and loosing travel. Jay

I'm looking to do the same but my new PM932 is apart and waiting to be moved into the workshop. I agree with the 1/8" thick Buna rubber... but want to make sure the 18" width has been working okay... and find out how long of a piece I'll need. I'm guessing you ordered a 24x24 inch section but I wanted to be sure. Nice machine by the way. Thanks

I'm looking to do the same but my new PM932 is apart and waiting to be moved into the workshop. I agree with the 1/8" thick Buna rubber... but want to make sure the 18" width has been working okay... and find out how long of a piece I'll need. I'm guessing you ordered a 24x24 inch section but I wanted to be sure. Nice machine by the way. Thanks

If I recall correctly the sheet is 18" x 27" so I had to buy a 24" x 36" piece. 24" was too short to have the Y & Z at full travel away from each other.

So far it is working very well. I do get a little flood coolant on the ways sometimes from it rolling under but no chips.

Glad I asked or I probably would have purchased something too short. Almost couldn't find it. Selecting 24" width limits you to 24" length. Have to select 36" width which is sold by the foot, then purchase 2 feet. Not exactly cheap either. I think McMaster found out I bought a mill and lathe... and jacked up my prices, ha. Thanks.

Back