PM25 MV Mid-April

Anticipate delays on anything coming from over the pond for the first half of this year if the port of entry is on the west coast. There has been a labor dispute going on since November at all of the west coast cargo ship ports with work slow downs and lockouts. It finally got resolved yesterday. Cargo ship loading and unloading locally at the port of Oakland is pretty backed up . The news is saying it will take months for them to get the backlog worked out. At least it is over.

-Joe

I hope I'm not breaking any post rules but I have a few questions...

I have a G0759 mill on order and just got a post card Saturday saying they don't know for sure when it will arrive. I'm not surprised by the delay, it was supposed to be here by now but the strike out west on the docks has probably stalled it.

Anyway, my question is more about the comparison of the G0759 and the PM25MV. I am looking for thoughts or comparisons between the two, including support, customer service, belt vs gear drive, DRO and anything else you may have experienced during use if either mill or during your pre purchase research.

I am considering canceling my G0759 order and switching to the PM. The belt drive sounds like a good upgrade? I wanted the 0759 for the factory DRO. I don't want to install the DRO I would rather pay a bit for a good looking factory installed DRO.

I am not upset with grizzly and the delay in shipping. I am happy enough with my grizzly lathe. Just wondering if I did enough research on the mill.

Thanks

Hey Jim, Matt at Precision Matthews will install a nice 3 axis DRO for $699.00. A power table drive (which I ordered) for $279.00. I'm not certain if I will install the table drive or if he will, I didn't ask. The included belt drive and brushless motor sold me.

Harv,

Thanks for the info. Does anyone have a current/proper link to their web site? I understand from some searching the web that they have an out of date web address and from what I found it didn't look like the one I saw was too up to date.

I did send an email but I wonder if it went to the current address they use? I am really torn, and it seems like everything I read makes me think I should cancel my G ORDER and go with the PM.

I got a hold of Matt thru this page here: http://www.machinetoolonline.com/PM-MV-BenchMills.html

The first time I called a pleasant lady answered and said that Matt would return my call which he did about 5pm my time (pacific). I asked if he would like me to phone his office the following morning to place my order because of the late hour at his location. He said that was not necessary and that he sometimes has to wait until later in the day to find the time to return phone calls.

I hope I'm not breaking any post rules but I have a few questions...

I have a G0759 mill on order and just got a post card Saturday saying they don't know for sure when it will arrive. I'm not surprised by the delay, it was supposed to be here by now but the strike out west on the docks has probably stalled it.

Anyway, my question is more about the comparison of the G0759 and the PM25MV. I am looking for thoughts or comparisons between the two, including support, customer service, belt vs gear drive, DRO and anything else you may have experienced during use if either mill or during your pre purchase research.

I am considering canceling my G0759 order and switching to the PM. The belt drive sounds like a good upgrade? I wanted the 0759 for the factory DRO. I don't want to install the DRO I would rather pay a bit for a good looking factory installed DRO.

I am not upset with grizzly and the delay in shipping. I am happy enough with my grizzly lathe. Just wondering if I did enough research on the mill.

Thanks

I went through the same issue you are having with Grizzly, and I cancelled my order and called Matt. I am really happy I went with the PM-25MV and a DRO Pros DRO.

In addition to the brushless motor and belt drive Matt gives you a three year warranty. If you have an issue you talk with Matt. He always gets back with me on my questions and has sent out parts as replacements with no hesitation.

I pulled the trigger also for a PM25MV!! April was what I was told for expected delivery. Very excited!! I also got the 3 axis DRO. I also got the runaround from Grizzly and canceled my order. Seems Grizzly is loosing business/sales on these popular mills. I did buy a ton of Mill accessories and tools from Grizzly.

I went through exactly the same thing. I placed a deposit down a little over a week ago with Matt, and at the time he said 6-8wks until delivery. I'm very impatiently awaiting the mill so I can get going on some project's I've had back-burnered waiting for a mill!

I got an email from Matt yesterday. He said a couple more weeks.

I'm getting all giddy!!! Been keeping up with this and some other threads of folks that have put there order in for the PM25MV. By the looks of it there's going to be quite a few getting there machines in the next couple of weeks!!!!!!! That is if all goes well and no problems at the port.
I know Matt still has to get them and do his thing, but I'm setting close to the phone and checking my email quiet often!!!

Back