PM1340 Control Panel, Relays and VFD Wiring

szenieh

Registered
Registered
Greetings,

This is my very first post as a separate thread. I am a long time member and have learned so much from the generous sharing of everyone's work. In particular, Mark Jacobs and David Best posts have guided a lot of the work that I am doing on my PM1340, PM935 and PM940CNC. The lathe and the manual milling machine being manufactured in Taiwan, are definitely many grades higher in fit and finish. I practically had to refit and rewire the PM940CNC completely. But, that's a topic for another post.

For this post, I will attach 5 pdf files and 5 photos. The most important pdf file is the PM1340-V6 Wiring Diagrams Salah Zenieh.pdf. Please note, that a blue print for this work started as I was studying Mark Jacobs diagrams. So much credit goes to him as he made it so much easier to tackle this problem. Wiring for a lathe is tricky as there are many safety interlocks that must be observed. Mark's work is outstanding, but I couldn't follow it easily. The reason may be that various versions are out there and it was hard for me to keep track of them. It is also my nature, that I tend to need to do my own plans to understand what I am doing. So, you will see that my wiring diagrams are similar to his but yet different enough. I have been using the lathe with this implementation for several months now. It is working well. Please use the attached work at your own risk- I have tested this work but there is no guarantees that I have covered everything.

It is worth mentioning, that I used two enclosures. One is dedicated to the VFD with its electrical disconnect and a fuse. Main power comes first to that enclosure. The second enclosure is bigger and houses all the relays and other accessories that are in the wiring diagrams. Please feel free to comment or ask questions should you have any.

IMG_7631.JPG

Above photo shows both enclosures installed on the machine. Here's another photo:

IMG_7630.JPG

Here's a peak inside the VFD enclosure.

IMG_7548.JPG

and a peak inside the bigger enclosure.

IMG_7527.JPG

I hope this helps someone.

Salah

Attachments

• Panel Plate.pdf
    21.5 KB · Views: 129
  • Main Enclosure Holes.pdf
    23.8 KB · Views: 97
  • PM1340 Enclosure Assembly.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 134
  • PM1340-V6 Wiring Diagrams Salah Zenieh.pdf
    133.5 KB · Views: 201
  • VFD Enclosure Holes.pdf
    31 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
Salah,

Thanks for posting. I could not download the file "pm1340-v6-wiring-diagrams-salah-zenieh-pdf" , can you please repost?

Ariel

Salah,

Thanks for posting. I could not download the file "pm1340-v6-wiring-diagrams-salah-zenieh-pdf" , can you please repost?

Ariel
Ariel,

Please try it again- I might have been in the middle of editing the post when you tried last. It should be working now.

Salah

Here's a drawing for the VFD enclosure back-plate. I noticed many downloads for the other file named VFD Enclosure Holes.pdf which does not have the back plate. This has the spacing for the VFD as well as holes for a DIN rail on which I mount the supplementary circuit breaker. Holes are there also for the Fuse holder. The dimensions are given in fractions as the tolerances are good enough. I am using rivenuts to screw everything into the back plate. For the VFD, I used #10-24 rivenut. You will need to run a drill into the mounting holes on the VFD to create a clearance for that screw.

Hope this helps.

Salah

Attachments

• VFD Backplate Holes.pdf
    17.6 KB · Views: 116
Back