PM1127VF-LB DRO re-install questions

bcrosby

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I am in the process of re-installing the PM cross-slide DRO that came with my PM1127VF-LB lathe. My interest is in gaining access to the gib adjustment screws. Is there an installation manual available? In lieu of that, what tolerances should I be maintaining? Specifically, what should the gap between the scale and the read head be? It appears that many scales come with a plastic spacer for installation but I obviously didn't get that with my unit. I appreciate any input anyone can offer. Thanks . . .

The spacer is 1.5mm thick by 92 mm long by 20mm wide with a 5 mm slot down the middle.

Excellent! Thank you very much. That surely gives me the technical data I need. Do you have a sense about how much deviation is acceptable from one end to the other of the scale(s)?

This calls for 0.1mm over about 1M. Sounds tight, but in practice it's not too difficult once you get into the process.

Attachments

• Easson Scale Install.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 99
Thanks, I'm just waiting for a couple of bottom taps to arrive and I'll be jumping into this project. Doesn't seem difficult at all . . .

i talked to PM today.. the fella i talked to claimed that they are discontinuing the 1127VF-LB

I have a PM 1128 and the installation was pretty easy even though I am a novice. Take your time and you won't have any problems.

Back