PM Paint Colors

TomS

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Anyone know of a good matching color and brand for the off-white Precision Mathews paint? Got a handle on the blue but haven't been able to find out anything on the white.

Thanks,

Tom S

That depends on which machine you have. The PM whites are not all the same. Rustoleum Satin Heirloom White matches my PM1236 but it does not match my PM45. And the newer PM45s with DRO quills & PM932s seem to be a brighter white than my PM45. The Heirloom white also matches some Grizzlys & some Jets.

What will said. The Satin Heirloom White is close but it may be a bit more yellow than my new PM machine.

I think the Rustoleum part number is 249076. I referenced it in my PM1340GT lathe arrival and setup thread but am not 100% sure on the number, I just went off the cuff from memory.

Thanks guys. I have a PM-932M. Guess I will take a painted piece to Home Depot. I understand they have a machine that can match colors to a given formula.

Tom S

I don't have a PM, so I'm not sure if this will help. However, I did discover that the "equipment & implement enamel" Ford Gray #6409 made by Auto Body Master is the same color as my Little machine Shop mini-mill and Lathemaster 8X14. I got this paint at a local auto parts store.
Mark

Take a piece from you machine to an auto body paint store that mixes paints. They can do a custom match and should be able to provide an aerosol can as well. I have a PM-25MV and once I am all set up and cleaned up I plan to get some paint to finish the areas that were missed in China. You could also try a paint store like Frazee or Dun Edwards. They can do paint matches and can mix up enamel for you. They will not be able to provide an aerosol for you though.

I have to get to the other side of town to get the color match done. When I do I will post the formula. If someone wants to buy an aerosol can, I will have one made up and send it to you ( I will list the pricing when I have the paint in hand), or you can try a paint place in your city.

So what color is the blue?

I am just guessing here...

However I suspect the Taiwanese machines may be a subtly different shade of off-white than the Chinese machines... simply because they come from a different factory with different sources of paint. Will see when the 935 shows up... which will be Thursday afternoon.
May not get much farther than getting it inside the basement, busy work week. Hope to at least have it out of the crate so I can admire the $$$ well spent... :thumbsup2:

I suspect the Taiwanese machines may be a subtly different shade of off-white than the Chinese machines... simply because they come from a different factory with different sources of paint.

Yup! :thumbzup:

But then again the later PM45/932s also do not match the earlier PM45s.

Back