Pm-940cnc Arrived And Making Parts

The column is 19cm by 19cm. (Roughly 7.5 x 7.5 inches) ... Quickly on this vs the Tormach. We have two tormachs ...the 1HP (China) spindle on the Tormach.

ahh, you are comparing this to the Tormach 770? Miss that in your original post, thought you were talking about the 1100. The 1100 has a column of 8.5 deep x 10" wide, and a 1.5 hp spindle. The only time I have ever stalled the spindle was when (stupid me) drilling steel with the belt in high gear at 500 rpm.

In size and capability, the 1100 is more comparable to the 940cnc. In cost, the 770 is closer.

Thanks for the info and your thoughts, much appreciated! Is there a link to the 940 CNC, or some up to date pricing info...cant seem to find it on the PM website?

There is a hyperlink for it on the machintoolonline.com home page:

http://www.machinetoolonline.com/PM-45M-CNC.html

EDIT: I see that is for the PM45cnc not the pm940cnc.

You probably just have to call Matt. He has a lot of good stuff that never makes it to the website. Matt does a lot better job selling machinery than updating his website.

Cool, I'll gave Matt a shout...he's been really helpful in the past.

I also bought the PM-940 CNC a few months ago. I am just now getting around to setting it up. o_O

Sure is lacking on the instructions on how to set it up. I have read the thread for the PM-45 CNC setup of Mach3 and have used it as a starting point to get me going.
Right now am having problem with getting the mpg pendant to do anything, all it does is light up. Also it doesn't seem like any of the physical e-stop buttons do anything. Will have to recheck the settings.

Would you be able to share what settings you used for setting up Mach3 for the PM-940?

Have to agree about the draw bar. I originally thought mine didn't come with one, then I saw something that looked like a threaded rod and thought nah that can't be it...:rolleyes:

David

I'm assuming your 940 is running Mach 3 and the hardware is similar to the PM-45. Ray C. created a set up document a couple of years ago for his PM-45 CNC machine (attached). Do a search on his name or PM-45 CNC to find his thread. Lot's of good information.

Tom S.

Attachments

• PM45CNCBasicSoftwareSetup-2 -.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 110
Yep that's the thread I was looking at to help set up my 940. I did use Ray's instructions, which are very helpful. But still having the issues I posted above.

David

Yep that's the thread I was looking at to help set up my 940. I did use Ray's instructions, which are very helpful. But still having the issues I posted above.

David

I can send you my current XML file and the one from jumps4 that I used to get me going if that is what you are looking for. Neither of these files have a pendant configured though.

What pendant do you have? Can you post a picture?

Tom S.

I have the pendant that came with the PM940M-CNC. It is like the one in the picture of the mill posted above. Model is JAMEN-OP100
Starting to think it may not even be worth trying to get it to work.

What is the max spindle speed on the 940?

Back