PM-932M DRO Question

I mounted my glass scale without the shield on it which makes it look smaller. Not much of chance of chips getting up that high and it has a nice rubber seal on the slider.

Jim

@gb1551 ...First time poster here with questions on which way I might want to go. I'm not so concerned with combining the column and the quill Z travel, mostly with setting up a proper scale on the quill. I have an earlier 932M with an Easson X,Y,Z (Column) DRO and the cheap inaccurate spindle DRO. I ordered a glass scale to add to the front of the gearbox and attach to the spindle base. However, I just learned of the iGaging 6" DRO Scale (look up on LittleMachineShop's site. A stand alone magnetic pickup scale with it's own readout and mount. Much better quality stuff than the little digital caliper style I currently have. I'm now torn as to do I set up the glass scale and see how it goes or is the iGaging a better route overall. My question for you would be, is your gauge glass or magnetic? It looks super compact and that's NOT what I'll have with the glass scale I ordered.
Thank you in advance and I look forward to your response.

Regards,
Bill W.
Lee's Summit, MO
Wilson, I have used the I-gage, they are a good product for the price but no more accurate than the unit that ships with the PM mills. The one thing the PM mill DRO has on its side is that it is a single unit, the I-gage units that I have on my drill press have a reader with a magnetic scale which mounts to the quill and the 2 axis table with a wire connecting those to the display and the issue which I ran into it these wires act as antennas which pick up all kinds of electrical noise and over time you get drift and float in the displayed values. If you are having issues with the current quill DRO then I would suggest the glass scale.

Back