PM-833TV Z Axis Limit Switch Mounting

Oops, forgot the picture.
Thanks Dan, that looks good. The cables are the problem I think and I'm part way down the path of separate switches on the fixed column to try to improve that. It's a slow process for me...

I ultimately chose not to install the Z limit switch.
I started to fabricate some brackets to mount separate limit switches, but in the mean time I have been playing around with the mill with no switches installed. I can see that the z limits aren't really going to do much as long as you are a bit careful. On the other hand, the x axis is much more likely to hit the limits I think.

I'll post some pics when I finish the limit install.

Thanks everyone for your great input.

Andrew

I finally got the Z-axis limit switches installed.
Zaxis limit switches installed sm.jpg

A couple of roller leaf switches on some brackets I fabricated, with covers made from square tube cut and bent.
components sm.jpg

Rather than wire into the z axis power head, I used a terminal block to connect the new switches to the existing wire harness. In hind sight, I could have mounted the terminal box on the back of the column for a cleaner install but by the time I realized that i had cut the wires...
Zaxis limit switch terminal sm.jpg

I'm happy with the way it worked out. In the future I may do something similar on the X axis to get rid of the bulky switch assembly that is right between the handwheel and my vise handle.

Thanks again for everyone's input.

Andrew

Back