PM-833TV With 3 Phase Motor

You don't need that VFD. Wire it for your 220v and plug it in. That picture you took is a tag on the motor, I assume, and if it is, it is just telling you that the motor is 3 phase. There is no other way to have a variable speed on a 3 phase (well, maybe there is, but I am not familiar with them).

Single phase input Brown is L1, Blue is L2 in the US (ROS does not use split phase but basically 220-230VAC between the two), yellow/green is ground. It should be on a 20A circuit. You do not need the VFD, but it could be used on another 3 phase machine if that is in the future, otherwise I would return it. VFD's that are sitting not powered up for long periods (over a year) are prone to capacitor failure, if it is being stored they should be powered up on a regular bases (like every 6-12 months) so the capacitors are less likely to degrade. If over a year there is specific power up sequences that requires a variac to slowly bring up the power.

If it is the standard 833TV it is a belt drive single speed, the speed range is 50-3200 RPM with the twist of the knob. Since it is asking the motor to operate over a very wide speed range, do not expect to drill big holes at low speeds, just not enough power at those low RPM's. Kind of surprised your electrician didn't look at it and determine it was single phase input based on the cord and the control box.

Back