PM-833/833TV CNC conversion coming soon...

mike96

Registered
Registered
Just wanted to throw this out there. Dave from AZCNCKITS has been out a few times in the last few weeks fitting pieces and parts for his PM-833 CNC conversion kit on my 833TV. Looks like he is down to the last couple of tweaks to the design and he will hopefully will be out early next week for final fitment and testing. I should be able to setup my CNC control at that time so we can check functionality and verify everything runs correctly. There are a couple of things about the PM-833 that were very unique compared to the other PM mills that was slowing down the production of the kit. I don't know yet if Dave is planning on doing a video on the kit himself or if I will be allowed to run over more of the specifics. I will tell you that, do to the mills unique features the first few run of parts will be available with the X axis motor only being able to be mounted on the left side (hopefully Dave or I will go a bit more into detail in a vid). That said I do not want to put any words in Dave's mouth as to an exact date but it should be available very soon, He did put the production and shipping of several of his available kits on hold to focus on getting this done for all of us PM-833 owners.

Mike

Cool Mike. I don't have an 833 anymore, but glad to see that there will be an option for the 833 owners.
What control system are you going with?

I am sporting acorn and an inexpensive stepper kit from stepperonline for the time being. I will probably end up converting to clear path servos in the future but for now this should be adequate for my needs. All 3 steppers are 1600oz which from what I have been told is fine fot z but a tad overkill for x and y but it was the easiest kit to get my hands on at the time, not coming on the slow boat from China and I have a spare kit with drive, ps and stepper just in case.

I have Dave’s kit on my PM940V and it is very well done. He is a great guy to work with and I am sure that whatever he comes up with for the 833 will work great.

Dave has been excellent dealing with an anomaly with my PM-30MV and his CNC kit for it. The x-axis ball nut mount holes in the saddle were about an 1/8 inch lower than they should have been. The top of the ball screw ran into the table bottom and no way would it fit. A few back and forth's and three mounts later, perfect fit.

It's one of the reasons I went with his CNC kit. Goes out of his way to resolve any issues. I would not hesitate to buy from him again.

Back