Pm 727v spindle

Cad cam man

Registered
Registered
I am currently trying to mount a encoder to my spindle and I think I have the mount figured out I am stuck on trying to figure out if the ring that holds the 3 magnets is it connected to the spindle or is it made as part of the spindle. Has anyone taken a pm727v spindle apart ? If so how is it connected it is not even on the drawing from the precision matthews. I contacted precision matthews and they don't even know or have a drawing that shows it

So you need to pull the spindle? I have a 727-m, are they similar? I replaced bearings/seal and it's easy (maybe a couple little things to be aware of such as the spindle alignment pin has 2 allen set screws in the same hole.

spindle.jpg

In the picture attached is a red arrow pointing to the area where this ring is on the PM727V the ring has a hall sensor in it to read the RPM's and on the spline shaft there is a ring with 3 magnets on it that the hall sensor uses to read the turns per rev. I need to know how that ring with the magnets is fixed to that shaft ? is it made as part of the spindle below the splines ? or is it a press fit that was pressed on ? I am adding an encoder and I am going to replace that ring with magnets with a timing belt pulley . I am at work right now so I cant post a picture but I will as soon as I get home. When I contacted Mike @ Precision Matthews he said that he didn't have a parts drawing showing this because the drawings were made before the 727v came out . He is trying to get the correct drawings for the PM727v

PM727M SPINDLE.JPG

That black ring affixed to the white casing? Isn’t it just 3 screws on top? I’ll have to look when I get home as I’m sure you would have tried that…

That black ring is the outer part the part I am talking about is the part on the spindle inside that black ring that has 3 magnets on it. I post a pic when u get home

Here are some more pictures

Attachments

• 20211222_175752.jpg
    20211222_175752.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 83
  • 20211222_175635.jpg
    20211222_175635.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 75
Back