PM-1236 PM-1340 collet closer install

Xyzzz

H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
H-M Platinum Supporter
Y’all,

has anyone installed a collet closer on either of these 2 lathes? If yes, won’t you send me pictures?

X

OK, I'm going to go simple, I can always change it if it doesn't work. I'm going to mount the clevis mounting plate to the side cover directly, instead of using the brackets. Not sure how I'm going to tighten and loosen the set screws if/when I want to remove the notched end piece.

X

Still, if someone has any ideas, let me know.

They should have install directions or call PM/QMT, the pivot connector needs to be hard installed to the headstock, the cover will probably flex and may break. I have a different lathe but the belt cover has a separate hole in it for the collect closure pivot that mounts to the headstock. You can also take a look at some other manuals like the one below.

Attachments

• COLLET CLOSER g4034.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 10
  • Let 5C Collet Closer for E-1340VS and 1440VS ELITE Lathes.pdf
    455.6 KB · Views: 6
They should have install directions or call PM/QMT, the pivot connector needs to be hard installed to the headstock, the cover will probably flex and may break. I have a different lathe but the belt cover has a separate hole in it for the collect closure pivot that mounts to the headstock. You can also take a look at some other manuals like the one below.
Thanks!

PM has been silent so far, but it was a weekend.

Back