PM-1228 extra parts after assembly

tsipa740

Registered
Registered
Hello, folks. Just got my brand new PM-1228, put things together and i have these 4 pieces. They seems pretty strong compared to the stand which is made of foil, so probably they here for purpose, but i cannot figure our where they go.

Attachments

• 20220307_204640.jpg
    20220307_204640.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 103
I never figured out mine either....

They bolt between the bed of the lathe and the sheet metal pan to stabilize the lathe bed. Mine arrived with only two so I fabricated a metal puck for the tailstock end of the lathe.

I was wondering the same thing with mine and kinda figured it out after the riggers who were moving it into my basement had already mounted the lathe to the worktable where it's gonna live so these will just be spare parts for me I guess.

They bolt between the bed of the lathe and the sheet metal pan to stabilize the lathe bed. Mine arrived with only two so I fabricated a metal puck for the tailstock end of the lathe.
Very unlikely - they have thread in it, as well as bed. Threads in these things have to be perfectly aligned with thread in bed or they will not sit on bed properly - they will be slightly higher on a mounting pin.

That is what i got from PM support today morning:
Those rails are for mounting the lathe to a bench top. You don't have to use them even then, but if you bought the cabinet they are not needed.

Back