PM 1130v First Project

stevendavis

Registered
Registered
Received the lathe and got it set up. One thing I didn't realize is that the bottom area of the chip pan is elevated from the edges. I put some 3/4" boards under the chip pan so the lathe would be on solid ground. For my first project I decided to make a spider. The spindle doesn't have any extra material for a screw on type spider, so I built a slide in spider. Inside diameter is 1 1/16", which I can probably make it a little larger if needed. I turned it down slightly under the inside diameter of the spindle bore and added some O-ring grooves for a tight fit. Worked out really well. I used #84 O-rings. I have some 2 1/4" brass bar stock I used to make the spider. Picked up some brass screws and nuts as well.

Attachments

• lathe18.jpg
    lathe18.jpg
    286 KB · Views: 90
  • lahte2.jpg
    lahte2.jpg
    514.9 KB · Views: 80
  • lathe15.jpg
    lathe15.jpg
    368.8 KB · Views: 80
  • lathe9.jpg
    lathe9.jpg
    650.1 KB · Views: 85
  • lahte12.jpg
    lahte12.jpg
    539.4 KB · Views: 91
  • lathe12.jpg
    lathe12.jpg
    343.4 KB · Views: 95
How are you liking the 1130v so far? I just ordered one toady, there isn't to many comments about it one way or the other.

I'm really liking it so far. Vast improvement over the mini lathe I was using. Makes working with a lathe enjoyable again. Accuracy has been spot on with the cross slide and carriage dials. I'm planning on doing a few vids on some projects I'll be posting. Make sure to post on yours when you get it.

Spent a little time making some sleeves for my boring bars. Still have a couple to make. Working great so far.

Attachments

• boring bar 2.jpg
    boring bar 2.jpg
    502 KB · Views: 47
Back