Parts Washer "bubbler"

I like the pipe with small holes idea, PUt it up about a ways off the bottom, With a screen or plate with holes below it, That way the gunk could go down below and not get pushed back up as easy in the bubbles. Almost like a separator of some sort.

I had a friend that used an old dish washer for a parts cleaner. An before some one ask,, he bought a new one for is better half and took the old one to the shop.:laughing:

In my younger days I rebuilt a lot of carbs. Had a 5 gallon bucket of carb cleaner with the basket. I took one of the old back massagers that had the springs to hold it on your hand and strapped it to the side of the bucket and it worked well.
il_570xN.446581278_il25.jpg

Last edited:
I had a friend that used an old dish washer for a parts cleaner.

I have used the one in my kitchen for parts washing;) It actually works pretty good, but you want to have the water temp up to 125 or above. ;)

He is not the only one that did that. First time I did it was when in HighSchool. Overhauled an automatic trans for my father, well I needed to clean parts so I put them In my mothers dish washer ( I did take the dishes out first) Boy did I catch hell.
Then few years ago did that in my wife's dishwasher, Eventually purchased her a new one. Still married.

Take a piece of 1/4 inch copper tubing, crimp off one end, drill a few 1/16 holes in it.

The shop I worked in in the early '70s did that, with the petroleum based cleanser. Osha came by, told us we could use it if the air above it was moving over 125 MPH, otherwise forget it. We disconnected the air.

Back