Parker Majestic #2 surface grinder

@akjeff it's a 6x18. Definitely large for a homeshop.
But smaller than the 8x24 Gallmeyer & Livingston 8x24" that I also have (for sale :D )

Reactions: Guv
@akjeff it's a 6x18. Definitely large for a homeshop.
But smaller than the 8x24 Gallmeyer & Livingston 8x24" that I also have (for sale :D )
Oh man don't tell me that! If it weren't for this covid crap, I'd be pondering a road trip to B.C. I'd love a 8x24! Though a 6x18 would be about perfect. That looks like a really nice machine.....good find!

I had the opportunity to inspect the Parker Majestic today.
It's dirty but seems very sound. The controls are butter smooth. I could not power it up unfortunately so I'm taking a bit of a leap of faith.
I'm relieved that its 220/440v 3-phase so I can power it with a VFD off my 220v 1-phase service.
Edit - Parker Majestic tells me according to the serial number this machine was made in 1963. Which makes it only a few years younger than my Unisaw. :D
View attachment 345562

View attachment 345563
View attachment 345564

View attachment 345565

View attachment 345566
You're too young to be using such a experienced machine of that vintage.
You'll need to ship it to Tennessee for gentler utilization, and a milder climate, it needs to enjoy it's retirement years. :grin:

Sweet bloody score!

You're too young to be using such a experienced machine of that vintage.
You'll need to ship it to Tennessee for gentler utilization, and a milder climate, it needs to enjoy it's retirement years. :grin:

Sweet bloody score!

Thanks mate! I have to concur. I am far too young :) and definitely not sufficiently experienced :O
If you cover shipping I’ll send the G&L to you :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh man don't tell me that! If it weren't for this covid crap, I'd be pondering a road trip to B.C. I'd love a 8x24! Though a 6x18 would be about perfect. That looks like a really nice machine.....good find!
You know you waaaaant it! :p

Whew, 8x24 is a beast.
You’d almost have to have a need for it.

Whew, 8x24 is a beast.
You’d almost have to have a need for it.

It is a beast for sure. I think the two doors on the back weigh about as much as my lathe!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
35ee9b27a83f40cd75b9228c8a472c12.jpg

Back