Parallel clamp drawings

Flightmap

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Does anyone have a drawing of a parallel clamp? The ones made in shop class as a beginning project.

I am interested in the drawings for two reasons:
I need more practice reading and following drawing details.
I would like to see other types or modifications of these versatile clamps

thanks, Ken

I don't have one for a parallel clamp but I think I may still have a copy of the c-clamp I made. I can look for them if interested.

Img_6075.jpg

Img_6079.jpg

Img_6083.jpg

Does anyone have a drawing of a parallel clamp? The ones made in shop class as a beginning project.

thanks, Ken

I found this model on Google.

It will give you some ideas (about three pages down); http://www.most.gov.mm/techuni/media/parallelclamp.pdf

Good Luck

thanks, Ken

Hi Ken,
Attached is a drawing that you might find useful. In our part of the world we call them "toolmakers clamps"
Regards
DavidL

Attachments

• ToolmakersClamp.pdf
    22.1 KB · Views: 256
Good afternoon - Hey Darkzero I would love to have the plans to the C-clamps.

Thanks,
Woodrow

I think I'll try to make a few of the parallel clamps as in the PDF from above. I don't see how and where the retaining screw goes. Is there another build thread here on the forum, or anyone care to add a bit of context for me? I have not seen one of these first hand.

Thanks,

Jim

The retaining screw holds the forward threaded screw in place. The head of the retainer goes into a slot machined into the big screw. I have also seen a flat piece of spring steel serve the same purpose.

Back
Top Bottom