Paint? Color?

That is very quiet... all that by simply going with that 3D printed gear... nice.

I see that you have an rpm sensor in there as well... I need to see if I can fit one to the Logan. I was afraid to do so thinking about the wiring getting caught on a gear. Will take a look again at the routing and potential location of the sensor and magnet. I need to validate what the TouchDRO supports... best not to have another display if I can avoid it...

That is very quiet... all that by simply going with that 3D printed gear... nice.

I see that you have an rpm sensor in there as well... I need to see if I can fit one to the Logan. I was afraid to do so thinking about the wiring getting caught on a gear. Will take a look again at the routing and potential location of the sensor and magnet. I need to validate what the TouchDRO supports... best not to have another display if I can avoid it...
Magnet is easy. It’s just placed on my spindle shaft and it holds itself there.

Bracket for the sensor you make and as long as the airgap is good, it doesn’t matter how you make the bracket.

For cable routing I just made sure the wires run behind the banjo bracket and I use a coupke rubber lined wiring clamps to keep the wire where I placed it.

The gear train noise reduction has me wanting to try and chase down the last few “rings and rattles” it makes. I think the current biggest offender is the pin where the bull gear couples to the pulleys. Theres a bit of slop when its engaged and I can see that making some of the remaining “ring” noises. I’m thinking of either making a snug fitting brass bush in the spindle pulley to receive the pin or maybe something 3d printed to fill the excess clearance….

Last edited:
Back