Pacific Mill Repair Manual/info

Str8jacket

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Would anyone have some info on a Pacific universal mill. Fu1600. Maybe the same or similar to a lagun fu1600?

The feed gear box has stopped working in the higher speed range today. I can still use the lowest three gear ranges but it disengages when the selector is wound to the next speed. There is a clutch adjustment access from one side but from having the cover off I think this only does the rapids. Any help would be appreciated. Not real happy about this expensive 3t paper weight.

IMG_20160528_213401.jpg Well i now have this going on in my shed instead of making things!

You are not wrong Dave! I have oil and degreaser all over the place at the moment.
Atleast it appears to be an "easy" fix with no major damage. It looks like at some stage in its life its been repaired and the peanut who has done it has replaced the retaining circlips with new one of a thicker section width, that doesn't actually fit properly in the groove on the shaft. Not just one though atleast 8 or 9 of them. The gears were just starting to walk all over the place!
Its lucky I only lost gears and not engaged a couple at once!:eek:

Now im stripping the knee and replacing all the bearings I can get to. And giving it a good clean. It was full of brown sludge. Would be nicer with a manual though.

Back