Oxygen therapy

The chamber is a clear tube, maybe 32" I.D., made of something about 2" thick, with metal endcaps, and a thin bed that rolls in. They have a TV mounted above the foot end of the tube with cable channels. The nurse mentioned something about a DVD with a little uncertainty, as if she hadn't actually done that. There is a speaker internal to the chamber. Two tubes a few feet apart so one nurse/operator can monitor two stations.

Just have to be sure not to drink too much before climbing in!
OH, good point. Make sure to take an empty bottle (with a cap) in there with you.....

I'm hoping I can do just that, at least after the first session or two. They do have it set up so the entrance and bulk of the room is behind your head and thus not visible. I generally dislike things going on out of my view, so hopefully that doesn't drive me nuts.
warm milk or some type a sleep/sedative aid before entering maybe?

warm milk or some type a sleep/sedative aid before entering maybe?
Sugar coma? It is an hour drive each direction so I have to be a bit careful not to put that at risk.

Hope it helps you, It helped my wife, she got to do it and was happy with the results. Only hers was a Big chamber with several people in it at once. Again hope you do good.

My son went thru that. We had a portable unit that he used in the family room in front of the TV. His major complaint was that the compressed gasses made the inside of the unit very warm. I cobbled up a cardboard enclosure around the Oxygen concentrator so that the incoming air was drawn over an ice block sitting in a cooler. It made the interior of the chamber much more comfortable for my son. His treatment was multipronged so I can't say if the oxygen chamber helped but he's cancer free for a year now. Good luck.

Back