Oxy Acetylene welder gas welding tanks - $130 (Oakley, CA)

I have several OA torches, including My first one that I bought in 1981. I have not used them much since I moved a few times in the last ten years, so I am sure I will be in for a surprise when I go to get the tanks re certified and filled.

I have several OA torches, including My first one that I bought in 1981. I have not used them much since I moved a few times in the last ten years, so I am sure I will be in for a surprise when I go to get the tanks re certified and filled.
I ran into the same thing with one of my tanks. Here there is only one guy who does recertifications and he’s a fisherman so he has a weird schedule. It also taught me not to just swap my tanks because I took in the recert and swapped it and then when I went to refill the new tank they said it needed recert! I let them know I was NOT happy and i had my paperwork to prove I’d just done it and they’d kept my tank. They made it good, but lesson learned.

That bass ackwards from here. Nobody leases anymore, can’t keep track of them. What a racket.

It can be quite a racket. There's a fellow in my neighborhood who has a labelled tank (oxygen) that only one place will fill. And, it's a long drive. And it's expensive, something like $99 when the local place will refill a customer owned tank for $20. He told me I could have the tank for free. I ended up buying a tank on craigslist for $60. The welding store nailed me with a hydro test fee. I would have been ahead to accept my neighbor's tank. But now I won't squeel as badly when I go for a refill.

I just fired up the rig I bought and everything works great. Will find out about refills when the time comes but for $180 I'm a happy camper....

John

Back