Out With The Beach - In With The Kennedy!

BladesIIB

https://www.youtube.com/c/BladesIIB
H-M Platinum Supporter
I replaced my over 40 year old Beach Machinist tool chest with a new Kennedy 3611 Top and Kennedy 5150 Mid Chest combo. I fabricated an aluminum strip so I could make a lip on my Husky work bench and keep these from sliding off.

There seem to be some mixed reviews on the quality of these Kennedy tool boxes. For me, it is very hard to find a similar tool chest with a lot of small drawers for your delicate machinist tools. Overall I am happy with the quality of these Kennedy boxes. There are two drawers that are a little sticky, I am hoping they break in over time.

I purchased both of these boxes from Zoro.com. Zoro sends 20% off coupons on a regular basis and they worked for these Kennedy chests, plus the Zoro price was already much better than anywhere else I saw. They are still expensive but worth it to me for the extra space I gained.

Kennedy is classic, but the Beach looks nice too.

You really gotta keep an eye on those airborne Marines. Those poor bastards get real confused when it's their turn to call cadence.
Ha, good to know. I am Airborne, but actually ended up Army in the end. This tool box and that Marine sticker are old, back when I was still sorting it out and I thought I was going to go Marines. That Beach is still a great box and will get use holding my Leather tools in the house. Will no doubt last another 30 years.

Don't worry about the quality of those Kennedy boxes. I've had the same pair as yours for 40 years. Not all of us have Gerstners.
Good to know. They feel good to me. I don't treat them like my roller cabinets with significantly more weight in the drawers so I am looking forward to them lasting as long as I do. :)

Back