Ottawa Drag Saw

Very nice!
@Martin W, there is a guy down by Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin that has a huge trailer loaded with chainsaws. If I remember correctly, the sides fold up to display all of the saws that he has collected over the years.

That's a real piece of history you have there Martin. Nice score. Mike

Very nice!
@Martin W, there is a guy down by Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin that has a huge trailer loaded with chainsaws. If I remember correctly, the sides fold up to display all of the saws that he has collected over the years.
Thanks.
That would be cool to see for sure!
Martin

The saw is great but couldn't take my eye off the horizontal boring mill in the background.
Could you tell me what mfg and the rough specs.

As of now I finally got spark. Using a buzz coil from a Model T. Just have to clean the fuel tank and line. Maybe try and get it running this weekend.

Great!
We are hoping to see some video too!

Brian

Great!
We are hoping to see some video too!

Brian
Will do, Brian.
I got it to fire. Having trouble. I’ve got nice spark at the timing points, but weak and erratic spark at the plug. I assume a poor ground.
Trying to figure out if the spark is too late on the compression stroke also.
The carb is a updraft and I’m not sure how far to open the needle?
Cheers Martin

The saw is great but couldn't take my eye off the horizontal boring mill in the background.
Could you tell me what mfg and the rough specs.
Thanks, I should have cleared the junk off the table before I took the picture! Lol
The boring Mill is a Giddings and Lewis 330T. Has a 3” main spindle and 2” high speed spindle. Morse #5 on the main and #4 on the high speed. I was lucky to get a bunch of PDQ quick change tooling with face mills and end mill and boring bar holders. Feeds and rapids on all axis.
My most favourite machine I’ve had for sure. So handy for so many things.i haven’t had it very long either!
Cheers
Martin

Back