Ot- Chainsaw Oiler No Work

Wow, thanks for going to all that trouble for me.
Your description is right on. There is a metal strainer on the end of the hose that sits in the bottom of the oil tank. Once reassembled I shook the tank and could hear the strainer hitting the bottom of the tank. The hose is twenty years old and a bit stiff so it won't hurt to replace it.
I did a bit of cutting with the chainsaw this morning after filling the oil tank full. The bar started off wet by applying shop vac pressure to the oil tank before starting the saw. The bar and chain eventually dried out so all is not good yet.
I might try thinning out the chain oil with furnace oil to see if it flows to the bar better.

PS would you have a link to the parts diagram?

Link works fine, thanks again.
Taking a break till I get some new hose. Then will go through it all again and flush that check valve with diesel fuel (same as furnace oil).

After thinning the chain oil (50/50 diezel to heavy chain oil) and filling the tank to the brim, the chain oiled fine. After using up a tank of gas the oil level in the tank had dropped out of sight. The chain and bar stayed wet the whole time. Guess I'll settle for that. Thanks everyone for your help.

Glad to hear that, in the very least, it's getting the job done. :encourage:

-Ron

Back